Women bear the burden of the COVID-19 crisis
Women are on the front lines of the COVID-19 response, and yet we are being left behind and left out. During this crisis, we are more likely to lose our jobs, are often the caretakers at home, and in some cases, our rights are under direct attack. The relief that has been proposed by Congress is a fraction of what’s needed.
We Demand More.
Sign on to our list of demands
We need Congress to:
- Prioritize our health and safety ahead of corporations.
- Get life-sustaining relief to us NOW.
- Make state governments strong; they are our lifeline.
- Stop the attacks on our reproductive care, including abortion access.
- Protect our safety and our right to vote in 2020.
About the Coalition
We Demand More is a coalition of organizations using our collective power to fight for courageous women workers and caretakers, especially women of color, who are on the front lines of the COVID-19 crisis and who are particularly vulnerable to its impact. Their lives, livelihoods, and families depend on lawmakers and business leaders doing more — and we need everyone to demand more.
- American Association of University Women
- Abortion Access Force
- Advocates for Youth
- African American Ministers in Action
- All* Above all Action Fund
- All Women's Progress
- Birth In Color RVA
- Black Women's Roundtable
- Catholics for Choice
- California National Organization for Women
- Center for American Progress Action Fund
- Clearinghouse on Women's Issues
- Closing the Women's Wealth Gap
- Coalition of Labor Union Women
- Daily Kos
- DemCast USA
- End Rape On Campus
- Equal Pay Today
- Equal Rights Advocates
- Feminist Majority
- Feminist Women's Health Center
- Free Speech For People
- Hopewell Fund
- League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC)
- Mass NOW
- Mississippi Black Women’s Roundtable
- MomsRising Together
- NARAL Pro-Choice America
- National Birth Equity Collaborative
- National Center for Transgender Equality
- National Black Justice Coalition
- National Domestic Workers Alliance
- National Organization for Women
- National Organization for Women - Connecticut chapter
- National Partnership for Women & Families
- National Women's Law Center
- New American Leaders Action Fund
- New Voices for Reproductive Justice
- North Carolina Council of Churches
- Paid Leave for All Action
- PathWays PA
- Period Equity
- Planned Parenthood Action Fund
- Population Connection Action Fund
- Public Citizen
- Sisters Lead Sisters Vote
- SisterSong Women of Color Reproductive Justice Collective
- The Greenlining Institute
- United State of Women
- URGE: Unite for Reproductive & Gender Equity
- Voto Latino
- Women Employed
- Women's Fund of Rhode Island
- Women’s March
- Women's Media Center
Endorsement is an indication of solidarity within our movement and a recognition of the urgency of these policies. Endorsement does not necessarily mean that organizations have expertise in or are actively working towards each priority or policy listed.